Clinical Assistant Professor
Publications & Research
- Tailoring Social tourism Participation for Women who have experienced Domestic Violence, ISTO (2013).
- Making the Olympics work: interpreting diversity and inclusivity in employment and skills development pre-London 2012, Contemporary Social Science (2013).
- Schanzel H., Yeoman I. & Backer E., Family Tourism: Multidisciplinary Perspectives, The value of social tourism for disadv. families (2012).
- Sage, London, 'Tourism Management: An Introduction' (2012).
- Social Tourism as Opportunity for Unplanned Learning and Behavior Change, Journal of Travel Research (2012).
- Channel View, Bristol, Social tourism in Europe: Theory and Practice (2011).
- Special Issue on Social Tourism, Current Issues in Tourism, What is social tourism? (2011).
- An Olympic legacy for all? The non-infrastructural outcomes of the Olympic Games for socially excluded groups (Atlanta 1996?Beijing 2008), Tourism Management (2011).
- S. Cole & N. Morgan, Tourism and Inequality, Social tourism for low-income groups (2010).
- Tourism and social policy ? The value of social tourism, Annals of Tourism Research (2009).
- Celuch C. & Davidson R., Advances in Business Tourism Research, Corporate hospitality in an economic downturn (2009).
- Holidays are for Everyone. Research into the Effects and the Importance of Holidays for People living in Poverty, Tourism Flanders (2008).
Awards & Honors
Faculty Researcher of the Year (University of Surrey, 2013)
Social Tourism Research Award (Family Holiday Association, 2012)
Favorite destination in the world?